Wednesday, April 20, 2011

mi alegria = my happiness


An illustration published in BIG kids Magazine Artist Collaboration themed 'my first flight'

a self portrait of my girls and I....COMPLETE FROM THE GROUND UP

Creating is something that comes natural to me...I love being part of such a magical process....it comes from deep within my soul to be creative. Since I was a small chica I have created, from making the most elaborate nativity scenes to making an ice-cream parlour shop with my upside bike, but now that I am a mother, creating takes a new meaning. I just never knew how to express what I felt whilst giving birth....well, last night I found something that allowed me to understand and voice what I felt.

“Birth is very challenging in the best way possible. Every fiber of your being in alive. It’s like you are conducting electricity, literally creating something..... I felt as though I’d been introduced to myself for the first time. You become totally uncompromising, wild and fierce.”~Actress Thandie Newton,mother of two.

So now that I am a creator of art and life I am content. I am complete. I am woman. I am me. I am powerful. I am happy. I have wings, my feathers are bright coloured brushstrokes of love, painted when they were born...I take flight when I create. High up in the sky I see what it's all about.

x AVE maria

No comments:

Post a Comment