Wednesday, August 11, 2010

wondering where the birds go...?

'where do the birds go when it rains?'

I know everyone talks about the weather when there is nothing else to say, but this is not that type of conversation, I promise!.



Today in Melbourne - it was cold, windy, raining, let's say it was perfect for a cup or two of hot chocolate and a movie under our knitted blanky, however we didn't do that as we went to visit a friend and her two little girls...on our way there Allegra noticed there were no birds out, so she asked me 'where are the birds mama?' .....it was an unexpected question to which I replied 'they're sitting ontop of the clouds where there is no rain or wind', hoping that this was a good enough explanation for my nearly 3 year old, ...she said 'mama I wanna go there!'.....



I love how my little girl surprises me with wonderful words that make me wonder, think, imagine, smile and cry with pride.



x AVE Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment